There are people at the stage of their lives that are confused about whether or not they consider themselves alcoholics or not and this often prevents them from seeking help in an addiction center recovery. Conversely, there are also some people who constantly deny the fact that they already crossed the line into alcoholism a long time ago. They still keep on chugging and believe what they do to be normal. To put everything into perspective our treatment center in the Dallas, TX area wants to help, whether or not an acquaintance or you are an alcoholic, answer the following questions honestly:
- Do you drink almost every day?
- Do you carry a beer with you everywhere around the house?
- Do you often drink alone?
- Did you already experience a memory lapse from previously drinking at night?
- Have you tried to hide your drinking from others?
- Do you have a lot of friends that you only know by their first name?
- Do you have a lot of receipts from a liquor store?
- Is grabbing a drink a regular routine for you?
- Is one drink ever enough for you?
- Do you have a beer gut?
- Have you been experiencing cold night sweats?
- Are there people who complain about your drinking?
- Do you drink when others are not looking?
- Do you often find yourself in a pub/bar?
- Have you ever promise yourself that you’ll stop drinking?
- Do you ever lie to yourself about the amount you drink?
- Does your body feel shaky when you’re not drinking?
- First thing in the morning, have you ever reached for a beer?
If you answered “yes” to most of the questions above, our experts at our treatment says that there is a high probability that you really are an alcoholic and may need to be in an addiction center recovery. But don’t fret; it’s not the end. This is only a wake-up call to sober you up. There are a lot of solutions out there that can help you battle alcohol addiction. There are many addiction center recovery with professional staff that can offer you proper guidance on how to make your life alcohol-free.
Also check out the Phases of alcohol withdrawal on a detox to rehab.
The main purpose of this questionnaire is simply because Care Center Drug Rehab wants you to determine if you are an alcoholic. It doesn’t intend to disparage anyone who is found confirmed as an alcoholic, but rather serves as a benchmark that reminds people when something is not right anymore. In that case, we have to take action immediately and prevent any further harm from being done.